An Intrinsic Paper Straw
is not just a paper straw
The demand for eco-friendly alternatives to single-use plastic products is continuously increasing due to more and more countries implementing policies and restrictions on plastic goods. One product is the paper straw, a simple solution to plastic pollution that has recently been labelled ‘not better for the environment than plastic straws more than ever. However, not all paper straws are created and manufactured equally. At Intrinsic Paper Straws, we take immense pride in offering PFAS-free paper straws that not only contribute to a cleaner environment but also set new standards for the safety and durability of the well-known paper straw.
PFAS in paper straws have gained significant attention in recent weeks due to their effects on human health as well as the environment. We have always been dedicated to ensuring that our paper straws are free of PFAS and other dangerous chemicals, despite our awareness of the potential hazards connected with these compounds.
To provide our customers with full assurance regarding the safety of our paper straws, we follow high standards and have achieved numerous accreditations along the way. These certifications are a demonstration of our company’s dedication to quality and safety.
- FSC Certification: We source our paper from responsibly managed forests. With us holding an FSC certification we can ensure that our products are not only safe for the environment but also sustainable.
- Carbon Balanced: We carefully calculate the carbon emissions associated with our paper straw production and offset these calculations in order to raise vital funds for the WLT.
- BRCGS Certification: A globally recognised certification program that sets rigorous standards for quality, safety, and operational criteria within various industries, including food packaging and manufacturing.
- ISO 14001: 2015: An internationally recognized standard that sets out the criteria for an effective environmental management system (EMS).
While environmental safety is one of our top priorities, we understand that functionality is equally important. By conducting research and development from the beginning of Intrinsic’s journey, we have developed a paper straw that remains robust in a variety of beverages and addresses the most common complaints (sogginess). Our quality procedures ensure
s that our straws continue to showcase our reputation and standards throughout. At each stage of the manufacturing process, we carry out inspections and checks to ensure the highest quality standards are achieved, such as:
- Food Contact Materials Regulations 2004: The Food Contact Materials Regulations 2004 (FCM Regulations 2004) are a set of regulations that govern the use of materials that come into contact with food in the European Union (EU). These regulations play a critical role in ensuring the safety and quality of food products.
- The Materials and Articles in Contact with Food 2019: This regulation establishes general principles for ensuring the safety of materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
(Each quality check is carried out at the beginning and end of any production process, with additional inspections conducted on an hourly basis, all of which are documented as part of our quality and control records.)
An Intrinsic Paper Straw is not just a paper straw. It is part of a mission to redesign the standards of safety, sustainability, and durability in the paper straw industry. Our dedication and commitment to the environment set
s us apart from the typical paper straw. When you choose our paper straws, you’re not only making a responsible choice for the environment, but you’re making a safer and more sustainable one.